With God’s help, the Metropolitan Community Church of Knoxville strives to be a wellspring of acceptance, hope and reconciliation for the diverse people of East Tennessee, with a special focus on LGBTQ&I communities. Anchored in Christ’s teachings, we actively promote, nurture and sustain spiritual growth, peace, compassion, and economic, ecological and social justice. We provide a safe place of worship for all persons seeking a spiritual home, accepting one another just as we are.
- To celebrate God manifested in every single person.
- To model Christ and share God’s immutable love.
- To be God’s hands, feet, and voice sharing the story of Love.
- Technological advancement that reaches a broader audience, those in remote areas, and those still closeted.
- A thriving ministry to a larger youth population.
- Community engagement that nurtures an ongoing sense of mission, purpose, and fellowship.
- Development of leaders and disciples who can guide non-traditional activities and environments that broaden and expand the boundaries of “church."